Friday, August 15, 2008

August..... merdeka day?

I’m singing ‘sabah’ state anthem in my head and came across with the end of it, what was it? ‘sabah negeri Malaysia or sabah negeri merdeka?’. Ironic, things like this we shouldn’t forget especially when you spent 11 straight years singing it in school (ok you could minus 2 years for being an ignorant).

I’m not a patriotic person, I’m not even myself at times but forgetting the state anthem, that’s serious. Imagine what could happened if I were to sing that song in front of a policeman, I could be charge of making a fool of the song or making a fool out of myself, worst off I could be exiled and the next thing I know I could be writing in the Philippine or Indonesia (but a lot of people said that I have this ‘tausug’ feature).

Anyhow its merdeka month and lots of people are busy with flags & stuffs, placing them on buildings & cars. Some might place it in front of the windscreen which blocks 25% of their view, yet they are trying to be patriotic (nothing wrong with it). Just don’t forget your state anthem and even worst your national anthem.

1 comment:

Eddus said...

http://lohanranau.blogspot.com/