Monday, September 1, 2008

Ranau

"Aaarrrrggggghhhh!!!*&$%$*&*$KO!" the sound of my cellphone. "Mana ko?" questioned the caller, "Sini Ranau" I then replied. Hah! I'm in Ranau escaping from the busy city life. This is just what I need a breath of fresh air.
"....her ghost in the fog, and I embrace where lovers rot.."

Personally I think Ranau needs some lift off so it won’t look that simple. We start our journey driving in the rain and it was a heavy one. Then up on the hills of Tamparuli and Kundasang is the fog fiesta but I was expecting it and lucky I brought my vision enhancer (huh! Power ranger la bah ni) but still with caution. The road was better than what we have in Kota Marudu (ulu kukut – simpang tiga) but driving in ‘land below the wind’ is not to be said as smooth journey (Oruol dot pingang!).

Yet worst to come as we struggle thru the white fog. Paning! Car sickness (hope that what you call ‘mabuk kereta’) I think they don’t have much to look at since it was foggy and turn by turn makes you feel discomfort.

I met few of my friends in Ranau and they were vacating the city as well, traveling in group of four cars. I was actually surprised running into them, didn’t expect them to be there but we have good places to go here so people would just step on it and go places for fun.

Back on the road in mid day the next morning, we had good short time in Ranau and it's worth a laugh. I really enjoyed myself with ‘these group of company’ laughter fills the cockpit (we didn’t turn the radio). Then we stop at Kundasang market, getting something for love ones back in KK and I’m no exception too (hehehe, makimaap ti amai nga momboli oku strawberry motok mama om paiz. Jadi haro juga la love ones.). At the market I saw beautiful faces of people of Borneo and one kid captured this ‘one eyed view’ he really have this ‘Borneo feature’ too bad I didn’t took his picture (still the regret) with his happy face smiling. I’m impressed that government giving opportunity to entrepreneurs but there’s still room for improvements for both parties (a lot of improvements). Then back on the road again. Ups and downs, turns by turns we stopped at Nabalu. Here they sell lots of souvenirs, so with beautiful girls selling it the chances that you leaving the shop empty handed is impossible especially with extra cash to spend (pok silap ba). Had lunch at Tokou’s, few more laughs then we’re on our way home.

"....weather wise it's such a lovey day, you just say those word and we'll beat those birds down to accupuco bay. It's so perfect for a flying honeymoon they said, so come fly with me let's fly away." song that fills my mind on the trip.

Panat! but worth it. Today starts of Ramadhan so happy fasting it's tough but endurance to thy self and break is just around the corner.

2 comments:

Kee Heritage said...

hmm.. escape pi curi makan ka? kekeke.. siuk bah baca ko punya blog ni. Cuma bikin malas jak mengomen ni sebab mo kena taip tu huruf sebelah orang cacat tu..hehehe..

Bunga Negara said...

wow aku suka la - happy tul - aik ada urang cacat ka? siapa tu ah? Tks son for remembering us.